To further strengthen its global trade promotion network and to provide better services, TAITRA has set up 60 branches offices abroad. Together with the overseas offices of the MOEA, TAITRA has developed a comprehensive trade network serving as the eyes and ears of Taiwan companies keen to explore international markets.
The mission of TAITRA overseas offices is wide-ranging. Instrumental in carrying out numerous and various trade activities, example of their operations are:
- Assisted TAITRA Head Office in carrying out trade missions and exhibitions.
- Initiated and facilitated procurement cases for international firms in Taiwan.
- Collected and reported business snippets to local traders.
- Recruited foreign members for the Taiwantrade.com.tw website.
- Invited buyers to visit Taipei international exhibitions.